- Name: Atul Ahuja
- Atul Ahuja is a very enthusiastic runner, he has been running for a year now actively. The beauty of his running in how he has improvised on his running. He has 20 Half Marathons and 3 Full Marathon in Mumbai and got his personal best with each run. He also has his footprints on the global circuit which covers the SCB Singapore marathon twice and Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur Marathon which is one of the toughest in terms of elevation. As we know him, he uses to weigh around 104 kgs 2 years back and now weighs around 71 kg. He is an inspiration for all of us for a person who was never an active runner and in 2 years has created new benchmarks in running. He is also a very active squash and tennis player and keeps representing his corporate standard chartered bank for same. His mental strength is very strong and a great motivator as he has also created a running group in his Bank with around 50 active members. After being in such a responsible position he still rises everyday early morning and runs 3 days and plays tennis 3 days. Hats off to such a person who is so disciplined in life and his fat to fit story is inspiring.
- Name: Sunmbul Rahman
- Sunmbul Rahman-An Entrepreneur, Runner, a Fitness Enthusiast and a High Altitude Trekker. Her running journey started in 1992 in Marine drive, Mumbai while studying in Sydenham’s college and since then she has never looked back
- In 2015 she completed her first half marathon and since then she has completed 2 full Marathons and several Half marathons.
- Her half marathon Pb is 01:49:11, full-04:32:04 and 0:47:59 is her best 10k. She has many podiums to her credit- Tata Tsk, Kolkata Police SDSL, Pinkathon and SBI Green Marathon to name a few!
- Sunmbul lost her husband to cancer at an early age of 32. The woman who never gives up bounced back from the setback and is raising two daughters singlehandedly and successfully running a restaurant. She knows how to start from zero, gather momentum and reach her goals, be it professional life or personal life!
- Stok Kangri - the highest the peak in the Stok Range of The Himalayas, Kang Yatse II and Dzo Jongo, are some of the 6000 meters plus mountain peaks she has climbed apart from reaching the Everest Base Camp!
- In the last few years of running, she has gained a lot of strength, confidence and courage. All through her journey, she’s found supportive running buddies who have been there for her through ups and downs.
- She chose to pace in this edition of the Tata TSK run so that she could help her running buddies achieve their Personal best.
- Kolkata is truly a city of joy and she is looking forward to running the iconic route which is rich in heritage and culture. Running for charities & doing the fundraising is what she enjoys most, where she can combine her passion with social responsibility & attain optimum satisfaction.
- There are no shortcuts to the top, hard work and perseverance is the secret behind her moral fibre and happiness.
- Join her
- Name: Rahul Gupta
- Passion makes him run. He faces fear and sees it die in front of him. He believes that sometimes the chains that prevent us from being free are more mental than physical. "throw him to the wolves, and he would return leading the pack": this can be rightly said about him. Running makes him happy and has taught him that quitting is never an option.
- He is the admin of team North Kolkata Runners. Along with his team, he believes in regular training and running thereby starting a healthy day, coz well begun is half done.
- In 2018 he received star believer award during TSK25K 2018.
- His personal best so far:
A) 10kms 52 mins
B) 21.09kms 1hr55 mins
C) 25kms 2hr20mins
D) 42.195kms 5hrs11mins
- He served the following events as a pacer:
1) airtel rfe2017- 10k 60 mins
2) tsk252017- 25km 2hrs50mins
3) tata mumbai marathon 2018 - 42.175kms 5hr 45 mins
4) idbi kolkata 2018 - 21.09km 2hr30 mins
5) idbi delhi 2018 - 42.195km 5hr 30 mins
- He always had his inclination towards pacing and making a good platform for runners. His terminology towards pacing is simple, " if he can, we all can! When he runs, he can claim only one pb but if he paces, he can help many to claim their pb's at the same time. Not only this he is an entertainer, he carries a music system for the entire run.
- Professionally he is into manufacturing of kids garments and academically he has qualified for CA final in a single group.
- Name: Saurav Bhartia
- What comes naturally to us is running and it has been part of our evolution to be better than yesterday, and Mr Saurav Bhartia loves to keep his workout the natural way which has turned him into a seasoned runner who maintains the routine throughout the year. He is passionate about running because it’s the simplest form of exercise for anyone who wants to keep themselves fit and improve on their lifestyle, as it doesn’t need any equipment to start off and gives the much needed me time to introspect and think along with improving the endurance both physically and mentally which ultimately boils down to solving bigger challenges in life.
- A passionate runner who has completed numerous marathons as a runner and pacer, also venturing into longer distance ultra runs for the adrenaline rush. He formed a running group along with other fitness enthusiasts and provide them much-needed tips on techniques and nutrition to help them improve on distances and timing. His PB is Hyderabad marathon 2017 of 4:28:44, half marathon PB of 1:56 mins at Airtel Run for education 2018 and numerous sub 55 mins 10k runs. He has successfully paced at prestigious events like TSK25 and Tata Mumbai marathon in the past years. Through pacing, he wants to give back to the running community and know-how important it is to have an experienced pacer buddy to not let you slow down and bring out the best in you. This gives him happiness, satisfaction and has made friends from different walk of lives from across the country who have enjoyed being paced by him in the past.
- When he is not running, he is an entrepreneur who runs a steel manufacturing company which makes casting for Indian Railways near Kolkata.
- He has pushed a lot of runners to give their best with one of his trainee's qualifying in top 10 of 100 days of running globally in the past seasons of the competition. He is a great person to follow while running as he makes the run enjoyable with constant guidance and encouragement to the participants and we are sure it would be a run to remember in his 65 mins Bus at TSK25,2019 edition.
- Name: Prema Rajaram
- Prema is a media professional for the past 13 years and found time to start running in 2015. In 2016, she did her first full marathon at Sohra Cherrapunji and went on to complete 5 full marathons and 11 half marathons.
- She has been an ambassador for several events, inspiring others to come out and run while she has also paced many events. Pacing is a way to instil confidence in runners that you are responsible to guide them to the finish line within a certain time. She is happy to be pacing 10km at TSK25 for the 70 mins bus.
- Her PB is 5.06 hours at the Tata Mumbai Marathon 2019 and 1.02 hour at the Airtel Run For Education Half Marathon in 2018.
- Name: Rajendra Gouda
- Rajendra got into running and other fitness-related activities after a reality check post detection of Primary Hypertension on September 14. After a year of brisk walking and a healthy diet and lifestyle changes, he started running with the Kolkata Runners Community in 2015. Since then he has run several 10Km (PB of 55:45), 7 half marathons (PB of 2:02:12) and a Full Marathon (4:46:08). He lost 18 kg of weight and is off the medication of hypertension.
- For him, age is just a number (he touches fifty on 26 Dec). He hopes to keep running (at least till his 70s) and inspiring other people to get fit and keep fit.
- He is amongst the initial members of Happy Feet Runners (HFR) running group based at Howrah and is motivating people from all walks of life to join the bandwagon of fitness for life.
- Pacing at TSK 25 is another way for him to give back to the running community.
- Name: Anik Raheja
- Overcoming his childhood medical condition of Hypothyroidism, Anik Raheja has been chasing his dreams to stay fit. He has practically overcome the challenges of visiting the hospitals to listening to never-ending alerts from his doctors regarding his increasing weight.
- Anik shares, "I've never allowed hypothyroid to overpower my mind or occupy even a little space, I share it again just to show that with God's blessings you're unlimited. I've come down from 85 kgs bodyweight to 60 kgs. And I lift heavier and run faster & longer, I'm getting only better every day".
- Running set’s, him free every time and decorates his mind and soul with the feeling of joy and being more alive. Hard work beats talent, and Hypothyroid is just a medical condition, not any disability. Please don't let your attitude become one instead and never let it stop you from doing your best.
- He has been associated with 32 events as an official pacer (which includes Tata Mumbai Marathon 2019, Airtel Hyderabad Marathon 2018, 2019), 30 events as an Ambassador and 3 events as pacers coordinator.
- He has also served as a Run Catalyst and Event Instigator.
- His PBs are:
Half Marathon – 1:45:05
10K – 47:35
5K – 22:52
- He finds pacing as double-enriching and believes that it’s a beautiful privilege to be able to make a positive difference. Running is like playing the chords of sheer joy, and when you’re pacing, you got to amplify the music.
- Professionally he owns a company which offers services in the sports and education sector.
- His mantra is "Run faster and longer than the odds". The discomfort that you would feel while pushing yourself will only last for a while, but the glory of achieving your target will remain forever.
- Message for the runners:-
We shall do the distance together, we shall rock the distance together. If you don't give up, the distance eventually does.
- Name: Shraddha Mehta
- Shraddha Mehta, fondly called Shraddha by all takes immense pride in being the ONLY BAREFEET RUNNER amongst the entire running circuit in the City of Joy – Kolkata. She took to running two years back and since then she has been participating in various events across the city. She is very happy to be a part of one of the elite running groups of Kolkata – Kolkata Road Runners (KRR). She aspires to guide herself from a life of chaos to a purpose- the purpose of being health and fitness.
- She has successfully completed around 12 Half marathons and 2 Full marathons in the last two years of Running. She still tries to learn and improve her skills at the sport. She genuinely believes that running has changed her life for the better. She wants to build a life of fulfilment by advocating for good health and fitness.
- A teacher by profession, she loves being surrounded by children which is another thing that makes her happy alongside running. Apart from these hitting the gym, reading and music also interest her. She strongly feels that one should run only for the joy of running and the PB's shall automatically follow.
- Shraddha is extremely proud to be associated with the pacing of the 75 mins bus for 10K category in TSK. She is planning and training well to help aspiring fellow runners to achieve their set target. She looks forward to a wonderfully happy experience and lots of smiles as she starts on this journey of pacing the “run with smiles ” 75 minutes bus.
- Name: Dr. Neelu Khanna
- Dr. Neelu Khanna is an Ex-Army officer who runs to experience a sense of physical and mental well-being. Running has changed her perspective on self and life. It has given her self-confidence, self-belief and made her realize her own potential regarding physical endurance. She has successfully inculcated running into the lives of many students and colleagues while working with them as college students’ counsellor.
- She is also a keen cyclist and has recently won a Gold medal in Shivalik cycling race organized at Chandigarh. She has also been a second runner up in a cycling off-roading event and a runner up in Delhi International Duathlon.
- She started her running journey in 2012 by registering herself for a 10K Trail Running & Living event held at Panchkula, Haryana. The experience left her with the desire to take running more seriously and to explore the sport with zeal and enthusiasm. She has travelled to different destinations across India to participate in various Half Marathons. She has successfully completed ADHM, SCMM, AHM, IDBIHM, Wipro Chennai HM, Bhatti Lakes 20k, Tuffman Jaisalmer 20K, Kangra Cross country 20k and many more trail and 10k events.
- Her PB in 10k is 1:08:30
- She has paced in Dailyworld Marathon as a 2:45Hours pacer.
- She firmly believes in giving what she has received from her running buddies in means of supporting and encouraging fellow runners to achieve their targets via pacing in an event or otherwise. For Neelu, running for a PB is a personal goal whereas to pace gives running a more holistic meaning.
- Dr Neelu is a qualified Dentist who worked in the Armed Forces as a Short service commission officer at the rank of a Major for a period of 5 yrs. She later pursued a PG Diploma in Counselling and trained to work as a Counsellor/Mental Health professional. She has worked with the Army College of Medical Sciences Delhi Cantt and is currently working in Command hospital Chandimandir as a counsellor.
- Name: Shubhashis Ghosh
- Shubhashis Ghosh is an India Book of Record holder distance runner from Howrah. Inspired by his 5 years old son Inesh who got 2nd place in his school running competition in November 2016, He started running from 2017. Inspite of having two major physical challenges (S.V.T in Heart & Crush Fractured Leg) he has successfully completed an ultra-marathon of 60 km. His objective of running is to spread awareness about health and fitness. He is the founder member of one of the largest running group of Kolkata – Happy Feet Runners.
- Shubhashis registered for his first half marathon without running a single km in his life. Then he practiced for less than a month and eventually completed it successfully. After that, he completed more than 13 half marathon, one marathon, ultra-marathon, 30 km and 25 km and several 10 km across India by covering Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kalimpong, Darjeeling and Gangtok. He was felicitated by the God of Cricket Sachin Tendulkar for his phenomenal contribution towards running with challenges.
- He ran Kolkata 25K in 2017edition. His PB for Half Marathon is 02:27:53 clocked in Kolkata in November 2017. His PB for 10K is 01:8:14 in 2018 TSK25.
- He wants to inspire more and more people into running and fitness. Pacing in the biggest run of Kolkata TSK25K will be one of the best ways to inspire new runners to complete their run and get the confidence and motivation to achieve anything in life. He has done pacing successfully four times in 2018 running season.
- Shubhashis is a Serial Entrepreneur, running several businesses. He is a Govt of India Certified Neuroscience Coach too. He is a Computer Engineer and worked in IT Industry for more than 15 years. He is a Vegan and minimalist since 2016 and spread the awareness about sustainability and Environment crisis.