Prize Money Rules
Prize Money Rules
- Race results announced on race day will be ‘provisional’. Final results and entitlement to prize money shall be subject to the rules mentioned herein and the Race Regulations.
- Only those Open 10K runners, who finish within 90 minutes from the start time and who fall within the finish positions as indicated in the Prize Money Structure, will be entitled to prize money in their respective categories.
- Finish positions of the Open 10K age groups, as mentioned below, for prize money entitlement shall be based on respective net finish times only.
|Age group: 15 yrs. to 24 yrs.||Age group: 25 yrs. to 34 yrs.|
|Age group: 35 yrs. to 44 yrs.||Age group: 45 yrs. to 54 yrs.|
|Age group: 55 yrs. to 64 yrs.||Age group: 65 yrs. and above|
4. Open 10K runners must start their race at the assigned time of Open 10K Run start. Where such runners start their race at any other time, they forego their timings, rankings and prize money entitlement under the respective age categories.
5. Runners must cross the start line within 30 minutes of official start time of the Open 10K race category, to be eligible for timings, rankings and thereby prize money (where applicable).
6. In addition to the above, entitlement to finish positions and Prize Money winnings are also subject to –
- Bib tag timing captured across all timing points on the course, including at the start and finish mats, and
- Physical verification by technical officials and anti-cheat cameras.
7. Runners found to have interchanged their running number bib and/or bib tag with others, will be disqualified from the competition. Such runners shall not be entitled to any timing or prize money (where applicable).
8. Prize winners declared may be required to submit further proof of identity/age, as may be required by the Promoter, for disbursement of prize money, failing which the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, withhold disbursement or disqualify the said participant from competition.
9. Open 10K winners from overseas will receive prize money equivalent in U S Dollars calculated at the applicable exchange rate as on date of disbursement.
10 .Protests and Appeals:
- Any confirmed Open 10K runner of the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K 2023 can lodge a protest in relation to the official race results in relation to overall and/or age category finish positions declared after the race.
- Your Protest must be emailed to email@example.com
- Only the protest letters received on or before Thursday, 21st December 2023, will be entertained.
- A jury shall deliberate, verify and deliver its decision on the Protest within 14 working days of receiving the Protest Letter. The decision will be intimated to the person lodging the protest and shall be featured on the event website, where in favourable.
- Decision of the Event Promoter shall be final and binding on all.
11. Timing results: Where the timing result of an Open 10K runner with respect to his/her gender and/or age, is required to be updated online, the runner needs to write, no later than 21/12/2023, at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the nature of edit required and attaching the relevant proof of change. Requests received after 21/12/2023 will not be entertained.
Police Cup: Competition Rules
1. The Police Cup category is only for the Kolkata Police officers.
2. A team shall comprise of 3 runners (all men or all women), each covering the 10km distance on race day. The aggregate gun finish time of all 3 team members will decide the finish positions amongst the men and women teams.
3. The finish time limit for all members of a Police Cup team is 90 minutes from the official start time.
4. Results declared on race day shall be ‘provisional’ and final entitlement to prize money winning positions of Police Cup teams shall be subject to –
a. All members of the team having started their run at the official start time, at the designated start line. The team members have crossed the start line within 10 minutes of official start time.
b. Bib tag timing of all team members having been captured across all timing points on the course, including at the start and finish mats.
c. All team members having crossed the finish line no later than 90 minutes from start time.
d. Visual screening of runners' race day images after race day.
5. Confirmed participants of the Police Cup category shall not be entitled to ranking and/or prize money declared under the Open 10K category.
6. Runners found to have interchanged their bib tag and/or their running number bib with others, shall be liable to be disqualified from the competition. Such runners and their team shall not be entitled to any timing or prize money.
7. There will be no substitution allowed once the team is confirmed for participation in the Police Cup category. Any substitution found, whether intentional or not, shall entail disqualification of the team and all its team members from the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K 2023.
8. The team (and its team members) shall also be liable for disqualification where a team member does not report for the run on race day or reports without valid running bib and/or bib tag. However, team members of such disqualified team reporting for the race will be able to run in their individual capacities in the Police Cup and be entitled to timing certificates mentioning their individual timings and rankings, provided they start their run at the official start time from the designated start line. Participation of such individuals shall not be considered as participation in the Open 10K category on an individual capacity.
9. Timing results: Where the timing result with respect to any team or team member is required to be updated online, the team/team member needs to write, no later than 21/12/2023, at email@example.com, specifying the nature of edit required and attaching the relevant proof of change. Requests received after 21/12/2023 will not be entertained.
10. Prize winners declared may be required to submit further proof of identity/age, or any other identity as may be required by the event promoter, for disbursement of prize money, failing which the Event Promoter may, at its sole discretion, withhold disbursement or disqualify the said team and/or participant from competition.
11. The event promoter, Procam International reserves the right to disqualify a Police Cup team and/or suspend results/prize money of the team in case of any discrepancy found on race day and/or in the application/ documents submitted at any point in time.
12. Prize Money winnings are subject to Indian Income Tax Rules as applicable and taxes, if any, would be borne by the winner.
13. Post verification, prize money of each winning team will be divided equally and remitted directly in the names of its team members.
14. Procam International's decision on rankings and entitlements of prize money will be final and binding on all.