With pride and honour we bring you the 2022 edition of Tata Steel Kolkata 25K, being held on Sunday, 18th December 2022. This edition is special for all involved – its runners, the Kolkataians, city administrators, companies, the international running fraternity and several others!
You will see new elements being added, all aimed at enhancing the race week and race day experience. All applicants are requested to thoroughly go through the applicable qualification criteria given below, prior to applying for the race.
Do also keep a lookout for updates on the event website & TSK25K social handles.
Race Day: Sunday, 18th December 2022
Start on Indira Gandhi Sarani Road & Finish on Red Road, Kolkata
Race category distance: 25 km
Start Time: 6:26 am
Important information for participants of the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K 2022
With the International Film Festival India being inaugurated at the Netaji Indoor Stadium on Thursday, presence of senior political leaders, film personalities and international delegates is expected. Due to security concerns, the Kolkata Police has directed that the Mirchi Get Active Expo for collection of running number bibs be open ONLY on:
Friday, 16th Dec 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Saturday, 17th Dec 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
Venue: Mirchi Get Active Expo, Khudiram Anushilan Kendra, Sahid Khudiram Bose Rd, BBD Bagh, Next to Netaji Subhash Chandra Stadium, Kolkata, West Bengal 700021.
Requesting all participants for their understanding and support and wishing all a safe and successful run.
Starts: on Saturday, 24th September 2022, 7 am IST.
Ends on Wednesday, 30th November 2022, 11.59 PM IST or as soon as running places are over, whichever is earlier.
Minimum age eligibility to apply for 25K race category is 18 years and above (born on or before 17.12.2004)
- Participation confirmation shall be subject to –
- Applicant fulfilling the minimum age eligibility – completed 18 years of age (born on or before 17.12.2004).
- The 25K confirmation criteria
- Entry rules and regulations
- Confirmed 25K men and women participants will receive a race day t-shirt respectively, courtesy event’s Sports Goods Partner, T10, at the Bib Collection Centre within the TSK25K 2022 Expo. We will try our best to accommodate the singlet/tee size selected by you. However, if unavailable, the next best available size singlet/tee will be offered. Any requests for change in sizes/color will not be entertained. Please note no race day singlet/tee will be couriered to anyone pre or post the event.
- On race day, participants will be lined up at the start line based on the timing certificate provided at the time of registration.
- All finishers of the 25K race category will get the finisher medal post their run on race day (please collect your medal before leaving the venue; medals will not be posted to individual runners). While provisional results will be available by 5 pm on race day, timing certificates of half marathon finishers will be available for download from https://www.sportstimingsolutions.in post 21 working days from race day.
- For more information, please check FAQs.
- Only those who register in 25K till 30th November 2022, will have their names printed on their bib. Last line up section will be allocated to 25K applications received after 30th November 2022.
- Limited running spots will be available for on-spot registrations at the expo, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No year band will be allotted to 25K on-spot registrations at the expo.
- Last line up section will be allotted to 25K on-spot registration at the expo.
- Please carry the duly filled entry form and the following documents for on-spot registration at the expo-
- Copy of photo id proof.
- Passport size photo.
- Mode of payment for on-spot registrations: Only credit/ debit card/UPI payments will be accepted.
*UPDATED ON 29th November 2022.
- IMPORTANT UPDATE : In light of the relaxations to the COVID-19 protocols being implemented by the Government of India and Government of Kolkata, we are pleased to announce a relaxation in the ‘Entry Rules and Regulations’ of all races in the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K, 2022. Please be informed that the following paragraph is being deleted from the said ‘Entry Rules and Regulations’:- 2. Health Protocols for Event Application and Participation. Only fully vaccinated (WHO approved vaccines) applicants will be considered for registering and entry confirmation for the 2022 edition of Tata Steel Kolkata 25K.” You will appreciate that the said ‘Entry Rules and Regulations’ were published at a time when there was a significant number of COVID-19 cases not only in Kolkata but also world-over. Given the pleasant change in circumstances, we are delighted to announce the aforesaid relaxation. A modified version of the ‘Entry Rules and Regulations’ has been uploaded on our website for your ready reference. Online applications without vaccination certificates will be accepted from 6th Dec 2022. Last date to register is 9th Dec 2022
Any inconvenience caused is regretted.