Prize Money Rules
Prize Money Rules
1. Race results announced on race day will be ‘provisional’. Final results and entitlement to prize money shall be subject to the rules mentioned herein and the Race Regulations.
2. Open 25K runners not confirmed as ‘elite’ must start their race from the designated start line, at the official start time of the Open 25K race category on race day; starting your race at any other start time/place will lead disqualification of your participation from the 2023 edition.
3. Only confirmed Open 25K runners falling within the age groups given below, and starting their race in accordance with point 2 above will be entitled to be considered for prize money mentioned in the prize money structure for the said race category:
|Age group: 18 yrs. to 24 yrs.||Age group: 25 yrs. to 29 yrs.|
|Age group: 30 yrs. to 34 yrs.||Age group: 35 yrs. to 39 yrs.|
|Age group: 40 yrs. to 44 yrs.||Age group: 45 yrs. to 49 yrs.|
|Age group: 50 yrs. to 54 yrs.||Age group: 55 yrs. to 59 yrs.|
|Age group: 60 yrs. to 64 yrs.||Age group: 65 yrs. to 69 yrs.|
|Age group: 70 yrs. and above|
4. Finish positions of Open 25K runners falling within the age groups (as mentioned in point 3 above) will be based on net finish times only.
5. Runners must cross the start line within 30 minutes of official start time of the Open 25K race category, to be eligible for timings, rankings and thereby prize money (where applicable).
6. The cut-off of finish time for prize money entitlement for the race category is 4 hours from start time.
7. In addition to the above, entitlement to finish positions and prize money winnings are also subject to–
a. Bib tag timing captured across all timing points on the course, including at the start and finish mats, and
b. Physical verification by technical officials and anti-cheat cameras.
8. Runners found to have interchanged their running number bib and/or bib tag with others, will be disqualified from the competition. Such runners shall not be entitled to any timing or prize money (where applicable).
9. Prize winners declared may be required to submit further proof of identity/age, as may be required by the Event Promoter, for disbursement of prize money, failing which the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, withhold disbursement or disqualify the said participant from competition.
10. Prize Money is subject to applicable Indian Income Tax Rules, and the same would be borne by the winner.
11. Open 25K age category winners from overseas will receive prize money equivalent in U S Dollars calculated at the applicable exchange rate as on date of disbursement.
12. Protests and Appeals:
- Any confirmed Open 25K runner of the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K 2023 can lodge a protest in relation to the official race results in relation to the age category finish positions declared after the race.
- Your Protest must be emailed to email@example.com
- Only the protest letters received on or before Thursday, 21st December 2023, will be entertained.
- A jury shall deliberate, verify and deliver its decision on the Protest within 14 working days of receiving the Protest Letter. The decision will be intimated to the person lodging the protest and shall reflect on the event website, where in favourable.
- Decision of the Event Promoter shall be final and binding on all.
13. Timing results: Where the timing result of an Open 25K runner with respect to his/her gender and/or age, is required to be updated online, the runner needs to write, no later than 21/12/2023, at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the nature of edit required and attaching the relevant proof of change. Requests received after 21/12/2023 will not be entertained.
Vijay Diwas Trophy: Competition Rules
1. The Vijay Diwas Trophy category is only for registered personnel of the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.
2. A team shall comprise of 3 runners, each covering the 25km distance on race day. The aggregate gun finish time of all three runners will decide the finish positions amongst all teams.
3. The finish time limit for all members of a Vijay Diwas Trophy team is 3½ hours from the official start time.
4. Results declared on race day shall be ‘provisional’ and final entitlement to prize money winning positions of Vijay Diwas Trophy teams shall be subject to –
a. All members of the team having started their run at the official start time, at the designated start line. The team members have crossed the start line within 10 minutes of official start time.
b. Bib tag timing of all team members having been captured across all timing points on the course, including at the start and finish mats.
c. All team members having crossed the finish line no later than 3½ hours from start time.
d. Visual screening of runners' race day images after race day.
5. Confirmed participants of the Vijay Diwas Trophy category shall not be entitled to ranking and/or prize money declared under the Open 25K category.
6. Runners found to have interchanged their bib tag and/or their running number bib with others, shall be liable to be disqualified from the competition. Such runners and their team shall not be entitled to any timing or prize money.
7. There will be no substitution allowed once the team is confirmed for participation in the Vijay Diwas Trophy category. Any substitution found, whether intentional or not, shall entail disqualification of the team and all its team members from the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K 2023.
8. The team (and its team members) shall also be liable for disqualification where a team member does not report for the run on race day or reports without valid running bib and/or bib tag. However, team members of the disqualified team reporting for the race will be able to run in their individual capacities in the Vijay Diwas Trophy and be entitled to timing certificates mentioning their individual timings and rankings, provided they start their run at the official start time from the designated start line. Participation of such individuals shall not be considered as participation in the Open 25K category on an individual capacity.
9. Timing results: Where the timing result with respect to any team or team member is required to be updated online, the team/team member needs to write, no later than 21/12/2023, at email@example.com, specifying the nature of edit required and attaching the relevant proof of change. Requests received after 21/12/2023 will not be entertained.
10. Prize winners declared may be required to submit further proof of identity/age, or any other identity as may be required by the event promoter, for disbursement of prize money, failing which the Event Promoter may, at its sole discretion, withhold disbursement or disqualify the said team and/or participant from competition.
11. The event promoter, Procam International reserves the right to disqualify a Vijay Diwas Trophy team and/or suspend results/prize money of the team in case of any discrepancy found on race day and/or in the application/ documents submitted at any point in time.
12. Prize Money winnings are subject to Indian Income Tax Rules as applicable and taxes, if any, would be borne by the winner.
13. Post verification, prize money of each winning team will be divided equally and remitted directly in the names of its team members.
14. Procam International's decision on rankings and entitlements of prize money will be final and binding on all.