With pride and honour we bring you the 2022 edition of Tata Steel Kolkata 25K, being held on Sunday, 18th December 2022. This edition is special for all involved – its runners, the Kolkataians, city administrators, companies, the international running fraternity and several others!
You will see new elements being added, all aimed at enhancing the race week and race day experience. All applicants are requested to thoroughly go through the applicable qualification criteria given below, prior to applying for the race.
Do also keep a lookout for updates on the event website & TSK25K social handles.
Race Day: Sunday, 18th December 2022
Start on Indira Gandhi Sarani Road & Finish on Red Road, Kolkata
Race category distance: 4.5 km approx.
Start Time: 8:40 am
Important information for participants of the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K 2022
With the International Film Festival India being inaugurated at the Netaji Indoor Stadium on Thursday, presence of senior political leaders, film personalities and international delegates is expected. Due to security concerns, the Kolkata Police has directed that the Mirchi Get Active Expo for collection of running number bibs be open ONLY on:
Friday, 16th Dec 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Saturday, 17th Dec 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
Venue: Mirchi Get Active Expo, Khudiram Anushilan Kendra, Sahid Khudiram Bose Rd, BBD Bagh, Next to Netaji Subhash Chandra Stadium, Kolkata, West Bengal 700021.
Requesting all participants for their understanding and support and wishing all a safe and successful run.
Starts on Saturday, 24th September 2022, 7 am IST.
Ends on Wednesday, 13th December 2022, 11.59 PM IST or as soon as running places are over, whichever is earlier.
Minimum age eligibility
to apply for the Ananda Run race category is 12 years and above (born on or before 17.12.2010)
- Participation confirmation shall be subject to –
- Applicant fulfilling the minimum age eligibility – completed 12 years of age (born on or before 17.12.2010).
- Entry rules and regulations
- On race day, participants will be lined up at the start line based on the timing certificate provided at the time of registration.
- Timing certificate is not provided to Ananda Run Participants. All finishers of the Ananda Run race category will get a participation medal post their run on race day (medals will not be posted to individual runners). Participation certificates of Ananda run participants will be available for download from https://www.sportstimingsolutions.in post 7 working days from race day.
- Race day tee is not offered to Ananda Run participants.
- For more information, please check FAQs.
- Limited running spots will be available for on-spot registrations at the expo, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please carry the duly filled entry form and the following documents for on-spot registration at the expo-
- Copy of photo id proof.
- Passport size photo.
- Mode of payment for on-spot registrations: Only credit/ debit card/UPI payments will be accepted.
*UPDATED ON 29th November 2022.
- In light of the relaxations to the COVID-19 protocols being implemented by the Government of India and Government of Kolkata, we are pleased to announce a relaxation in the ‘Entry Rules and Regulations’ of all races in the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K, 2022. Please be informed that the following paragraph is being deleted from the said ‘Entry Rules and Regulations’:- 2. Health Protocols for Event Application and Participation. Only fully vaccinated (WHO approved vaccines) applicants will be considered for registering and entry confirmation for the 2022 edition of Tata Steel Kolkata 25K.” You will appreciate that the said ‘Entry Rules and Regulations’ were published at a time when there was a significant number of COVID-19 cases not only in Kolkata but also world-over. Given the pleasant change in circumstances, we are delighted to announce the aforesaid relaxation. A modified version of the ‘Entry Rules and Regulations’ has been uploaded on our website for your ready reference. Online applications without vaccination certificates will be accepted from 6th Dec 2022. Last date to register is 9th Dec 2022,11:59 PM
Any inconvenience caused is regretted.