PRIZE MONEY Rules
- Race results announced on race day will be ‘provisional’. Final results and entitlement to prize money shall be subject to the rules mentioned herein and the Race Regulations.
- Only those 25K runners confirmed by the Promoter as elite starting their race at 6:25 a.m. will be entitled to be considered for prize money given in Chart A and B of the prize money structure, if falling within the prize money winning positions.
- A confirmed 25K elite runner starting his/her race at 6:26 a.m. or any other start time, other than 6:25 a.m., shall be disqualified from the Event.
- Any Elite runner, Indian or international, who is one of the top overall 25K finishers, will be entitled to prize money stated in Chart A. The first 6 Indian elite 25K finishers who do not finish in the top overall 25K finishers, will be entitled to prize money in Chart B. However, where an Indian Elite runner finishes as one of the top overall 25K finishers, he/she will receive prize money stated either in Chart A or Chart B, whichever is HIGHER. In the instance of an Indian elite availing of the higher prize money amount from Chart B, there will be NO CHANGE in the overall finishing position of the said Indian elite runner; the overall finishing positions remain the same.
- Finish positions of the elite 25K runners shall be basis their gun time only.
- 25K Event Record Jackpot [Chart C]:
- Jackpot for top overall elite 25K finishers – The Jackpot will be divided amongst top 3 the elite athletes finishing sub 1:13:48s (Men, 1:13:47s or faster) / sub 1:26:01s (Women, 1:26:00s or faster).
- Jackpot for top overall Indian elite 25K finishers – The Jackpot will be divided amongst top 3 Indian elite athletes finishing sub 1:15:17s (Men, 1:15:16s or faster) / sub 1:26:53s (Women, 1:26:52s or faster).
- The above 25K event record jackpot is eligible only for the elite 25K runners.
- Only confirmed non-Elite 25K runners falling within the age groups given below, and starting their race at 6:26 a.m. will be entitled to be considered for prize money mentioned in Chart D to Chart N respectively of the prize money structure.
- Open 25K runners (non-elite) participating across various age categories must start their race at 6:26 a.m. Where they start their race at any other time, they forego their timings, rankings and prize money entitlement under the respective age categories.
- The cut-off of finish times for prize money entitlement for the 25K race category is 4 hours from respective start times.
- Finish positions of non-elite 25K runners falling within the age groups (as mentioned in point 7 above) will be based on respective net finish times only.
- Runners must cross the start line within the time mentioned below to be eligible for timings, rankings and thereby prize money (where applicable) –
- 25K Elite athletes within 40 seconds of 6:25 a.m.
- 25K (non-elite) runners within 20 minutes of 6:26 a.m.
- In addition to the above, entitlement to finish positions and Prize Money winnings are also subject to –
- Bib tag timing captured across all timing points on the course, including at the start and finish mats,
- Physical verification by technical officials and anti-cheat cameras, and
- Dope test results (applicable only for relevant elite 25K finishers).
- An elite 25K athlete refusing, for reasons whatsoever, to undergo dope testing (where chosen) will be disqualified from this Event and shall not be allowed to participate in the 2020 and 2021 editions of the Event. His/her finish position at the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K 2019 and consequent prize money entitlement shall stand disqualified and forfeited.
- Runners found to have interchanged their running number bib and/or bib tag with others, will be disqualified from the competition. Such runners shall not be entitled to any timing or prize money (where applicable).
- Prize winners declared may be required to submit further proof of identity/age, as may be required by the Promoter, for disbursement of prize money, failing which the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, withhold disbursement or disqualify the said participant from competition.
- Prize Money and Jackpot winnings are subject to applicable Indian Income Tax Rules, and the same would be borne by the winner.
- Indian Elite runners entitled to prize money given in Chart A, will receive prize money equivalent in Indian Rupees calculated at the applicable exchange rate as on date of disbursement. 25K Run age category winners from overseas will receive prize money equivalent in U S Dollars calculated at the applicable exchange rate as on date of disbursement.
- Protests and Appeals:
- The athlete and/or his/her representative can appeal to the Race Referee in relation to the official race results declared, in writing, within 30 minutes of the official announcement of the results on race day. Results will be put up at the elite athlete tent.
- The protest letter needs to be submitted at the Elite Result Appeals Desk outside the men elite athlete tent.
- Where the Race Referee makes a decision, the athlete and/or the representative has the right to appeal to the Jury of Appeal. An appeal to the Jury of Appeal must be made at the Elite Result Appeals Desk within 30 minutes – (i) of the official announcement of the amended result which has been arrived at from the decision by the Race Referee, or (ii) of informing the person lodging the protest that the results will not be amended.
- The Jury of Appeal shall deliver its decision within 15 working days of filing the appeal. The decision of the Jury of Appeal shall be final and there shall be no further right of appeal.
- The Protests and Appeals for the elite races will be guided by rules given in this document, and the IAAF Competition Rules in force on race day (i.e. 15th December 2019).
- Any confirmed 25K runner of the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K 2019 can lodge a protest in relation to the official race results in relation to the age category finish positions declared after the race.
- The Protest Letter must be sent to the following address: Race Director, Tata Steel Kolkata 25K 2019, C/o Procam International Pvt. Ltd., 14, St. James Court, Marine Drive, Mumbai 400 020, India.
- Only the protest letters received on or before Thursday, 19th December 2019, will be entertained.
- A jury shall deliberate, verify and deliver its decision on the Protest within 14 working days of receiving the Protest Letter. The decision will be intimated to the person lodging the protest and shall be featured on the event website, where in favourable.
- Decision of the Event Promoter shall be final and binding on all.
- Timing results: Where the timing result of an amateur 25K runner with respect to his/her gender and/or age, is required to be updated online, the runner needs to write, no later than 19/12/2019, at email@example.com, specifying the nature of edit required and attaching the relevant proof of change. Requests received after 19/12/2019 will not be entertained.
Age group: 18 yrs. to less than 25 yrs.
Age group: 25 yrs. to less than 30 yrs.
Age group: 30 yrs. to less than 35 yrs.
Age group: 35 yrs. to less than 40 yrs.
Age group: 40 yrs. to less than 45 yrs.
Age group: 45 yrs. to less than 50 yrs.
Age group: 50 yrs. to less than 55 yrs.
Age group: 55 yrs. to less than 60 yrs.
Age group: 60 yrs. to less than 65 yrs.
Age group: 65 yrs. to less than 70 yrs.
Age group: 70 yrs. and above
A] Only with respect to results of Elite 25K (overall and Indian) finish positions:
B] Only with respect to results of 25K Run Age Category finish positions:
VIJAY DIVAS TROPHY - COMPETETION RULES
The Vijay Divas Trophy category is only for registered personnel of the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.
- A team shall comprise of 3 runners (all men or all women), each covering the 25K distance on race day. The aggregate net finish time of all three runners will decide the finish positions amongst the men and women teams.
- The finish time limit for all members of a Vijay Divas Trophy team is 3½ hours from start time, i.e. 6:26 a.m.
- Results declared on race day shall be ‘provisional’ and final entitlement to prize money winning positions of Vijay Divas Trophy teams shall be subject to –
- All members of the team having started their run at 6:26 a.m. The team members have crossed the start line no later than 6:41 a.m.
- Bib tag timing of all team members having been captured across all timing points on the course, including at the start and finish mats.
- All team members having crossed the finish line no later than 3½ hours from start time.
- Visual screening of runners' race day images after race day.
- Confirmed participants of the Vijay Divas Trophy category shall not be entitled to ranking and/or prize money declared under the 25K Run category.
- Runners found to have interchanged their bib tag and/or their running number bib with others, shall be liable to be disqualified from the competition. Such runners and their team shall not be entitled to any timing or prize money.
- There will be no substitution allowed once the team is confirmed for participation in the Vijay Divas Trophy category. Any substitution found, whether intentional or not, shall entail disqualification of the team and all its team members from the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K 2019.
- The team (and its team members) shall also be liable for disqualification where a team member does not report for the run on race day or reports without valid running bib and/or bib tag. However, team members of the disqualified team reporting for the race will be able to run in their individual capacities in the Vijay Divas Trophy and be entitled to timing certificates mentioning their individual timings and rankings, provided they start their run at 6:26 a.m. Participation of such individuals shall not be considered as participation in the 25K Run category on an individual capacity.
- Timing results: Where the timing result with respect to any team or team member is required to be updated online, the team/team member needs to write, no later than 19/12/2019, at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the nature of edit required and attaching the relevant proof of change. Requests received after 19/12/2019 will not be entertained.
- Prize winners declared may be required to submit further proof of identity/age, or any other identity as may be required by the event promoter, for disbursement of prize money, failing which the Event Promoter may, at its sole discretion, withhold disbursement or disqualify the said team and/or participant from competition.
- The event promoter, Procam International reserve the right to disqualify a Vijay Divas Trophy team and/or suspend results/prize money of the team in case of any discrepancy found on race day and/or in the application/ documents submitted at any point in time.
- Prize Money winnings are subject to Indian Income Tax Rules as applicable and taxes, if any, would be borne by the winner.
- Post verification, prize money of each winning team will be divided equally and remitted directly in the names of its team members.
- Procam International's decision on rankings and entitlements of prize money will be final and binding on all.