- Name: Pradeep Chhonkar
- Pradeep is a dedicated runner, keen martial artist, loves to play badminton and does Yoga too. He likes to stay fit and healthy and believes in spreading the culture of fitness to one and all. He loves to do research on new techniques of injury-free running and staying fit.
- Pradeep, being an Army officer has been generally staying fit, however, he got into the passion for long-distance running after his posting to Delhi in 2014. He did his first ADHM in 2015 with a timing of 1.45:12 and his PB is 1:36:00 in ADHM (2017).
- He regularly logs all his runs using his Fitbit. He is a member of the running group “West Delhi Runners” and firmly believes that the challenge of long-distance running is easier to achieve by running in a group, as one can feed off each other's energy to achieve their targets.
- This is the first time that he will be pacing for TSK25K. Other than running, he is into regular gym and sports.
- Being in the Armed Forces, he encourages his colleagues, superiors, and subordinates to run/walk as a regime. He is a strong enthusiast for good healthy living and enjoys giving runners the thrill of successfully completing their desired targets.
- Name: Yogesh Gera
- Yogesh Gera is an avid runner and fitness enthusiast from Chandigarh. Yogesh’s devoted relationship to running began around ten years ago as a mode to stay fit & avoid medicines in daily life. Apart from running- cycling and CrossFit are his other fitness pursuits. He has been the founder member of two large running groups - Chandigarh Runners & Daudta Punjab.
- Yogesh ran his first half marathon in Shimla in 2009 and running soon became a passion. He has run more than 80 ultras, full & half marathons across India, Asia, Europe & USA. He’s been regularly participating in major running events and has run 9 editions of ADHM & 8 of Mumbai Marathon.
- He’s run Kolkata 25K thrice, his PB being 02:02:15 in the 2015 edition. His PB for a Half Marathon is 1:34:29 clocked in Patiala in 2012.
- He feels Kolkata is truly the city of joy and finds Kolkata 25K as one of the most beautiful & lively cities runs in India. He wants to run the 2019 edition at a steady but relaxed pace to enjoy the run and pull along other runners to have a strong finish in the 2:15 bus.
- Presently he is serving as a Captain with his regiment.
- In his civil occupation, he is a practising Chartered Accountant since 1998. In his running career, he’s been running for charities and has been a regular fundraiser at Mumbai Marathon. Running for charities & doing the fundraising is what he enjoys most, where he can combine his passion with social responsibility & attain optimum satisfaction.
- Name: Chao Lengdon
- Chao Lengdon is ex-Army personnel and running has been part and parcel of his life since the day he joined the training academy in 2003. Presently, he works with an IT firm in Kolkata and manages to clock between 150-200 Km a month. Chao is associated with the Newtown Runners group which he and his run partner Lal Bahadur formed in Jan 2016. The group is seen on the roads of Newtown every morning between 0500 – 0700h.
- He started participating in running events with Puma Urban Stampede Kolkata
in Dec 2015. Since then he has participated in 4 Full Marathons, 06 Half
Marathons and several 10kms. His PBs in each of these categories are as
- Full Marathon – 04:00:34
- Half Marathon – 01:39:00
- 10 Km – 00:45:34
- He paced the 02:30h bus in TCS 25K 2017 and paced in the below 2 events for
21kms @ 01:50h –
- BSF Kolkata Half Marathon 2017
- Airtel Run for Education 2017
- Besides running he is actively involved in Badminton and Swimming.
- Name: Col Munish Bhagi
- Col Munish Bhagi is a multifaceted outdoors person, a nature lover, with interests ranging from running to cycling, hockey to golf, strength workouts to meditation, trekking to long-distance motorbiking. While he took to endurance running for fitness, it soon became a passion.
- While he was initiated into running in 2015 when he commenced training with the ‘West Delhi Runners’ (WDR) of New Delhi, a group of running enthusiasts of diverse skill sets, later he became a part of Elite Runners Academy (ERA) of New Delhi, as well. At ERA he trains under the tutelage of Shri Dinesh Kumar Meena, a remarkable master athlete of international standing, and arguably one of the best running coaches in India. The structured training at ERA inculcated discipline and moderation, and a realization that distance running was as much a mental game as it is a physical challenge, and the results show, for he has been achieving a PB in every successive major event, and all along, has remained injury-free. Munish did his first Half Marathon in 2015 @ 1:58:20 and his PB in HM is 1:44:13. Inspired by the biopic on the iconic Indian athlete, his friends often cheer him with ‘Bhag Bhagi Bhag’.
- Having achieved a modicum of success in his tryst with running, and moved on from being a rookie to a veteran runner, courtesy the selfless guidance from his running buddies in general and the world-class coaching by the running coach turned friend, in particular, Munish feels it is high time that he repaid the debt of gratitude, in part, by motivating and guiding others in attaining their running goals. Hence, these baby steps as a pacer. While he has paced friends in various events, this is his second assignment as a pacer in a major event. The last one being TSK25K 2018, wherein he was assigned the responsibility of encouraging and assisting the runners to complete their run in 2:30 hrs. which he remarkably did it in 2:29:30 hrs.
- An engineer and MBA, he is an officer of the Indian Army, and is tough to the core having served in challenging locations and circumstances, ranging from snow-clad high altitude the terrain to hot stormy deserts to insurgency prone areas in North and Northeast India and is presently deployed in Punjab.
- He keenly looks forward to being able to gift to the passengers of his bus, the runner’s high, thrill, joy and contentment of successfully completing 25 km in 2:30 hours. He intends making the journey as delightful as the destination.
- The love and affection by the runners of the City of Joy have once again has brought him back to Kolkata. In TSK25K of 2019, for him, 'ekla chalo re' has yielded to 'eksanghe chalo re'. Come onboard his bus, fasten your seatbelts, get set for the ride of the year, and together, make it the BOTY, the bus of the year.
- Name: Girish Visweswaran
- Girish was introduced to long-distance running by his colleague and senior, Sandeep Madan. While he took up running to health and fitness, he vividly remembers the sense of elation on completion of his first half marathon in 2016. His personal best is 1:44:14 in ADHM 2017. He runs with Kolkata Road Runners and credits them for his maiden full marathon at TMM2019. Girish has completed several half marathons since 2016 and has participated in many half marathons including all Procam events. He says that he found happiness in contentment while running with a colleague during TSK25K2018 and that’s when he realised that pacing gave him more joy than PBs. Girish imbibed his ethos, espirit de corps and leadership skills from the Armed Forces to which he is eternally grateful. Join him for a happy running experience and if you aim to finish your 25k under 2:45 hrs. His pacing strategy will be mostly at an even pace with positive splits and full of smiles. His fav running quote remains, “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together”.
- Name: Vikram Chhibber
- Vikram Chhibber is a hobby runner and an adventure freak hailing from Delhi. Fondly called Chhibbs, he is a third-generation from his family in the armed forces. Chhibbers’ interest in running grew into a passion after he achieved the pinnacle of this sport when he won the Gold Medal for standing First in the final cross country run during his initial training days at the Air Force Academy, Hyderabad. Running has been a regular affair for him since then in multiple events both in the forces and outside.
- Chhibber ran his first half marathon in the 2014 edition of the ADHM with timing of 2hrs 07minutes. He successfully completed the Hyderabad Night 25k in 2hr 30mins. He also ran the 2018 edition of the ADHM with timing of 2hrs 10 minutes. Chhibber ran his first full marathon in the TMM 2019 edition with timing of 5hr 10 minutes. Chhibber also successfully completed the Ladakh half marathon in 2019. Chhibber has successfully completed a number of trails runs, obstacle courses, and has participated in a duathlon in the Air Force. Chhibber is a part of the Runxtreme running group in Delhi and was a part of the Gwalior runners’ group in the past. He has shown interest in pacing as he likes to motivate a team to run as a group and encourage novice runners to achieve their goals. For him, personal bests are a matter of chance and not the end goal. What matters in end is the sense of satisfaction post a run. He professes that running is all about the fitness of the body and the mind.
- Kolkata shares a special place in his life as the city beautiful happens to be his mother's birthplace. In addition to that, the city is a jewel of our country with a culture unmatched. To run the roads of this city is his dream and this is the first time he will be doing so and that too as a pacer.
- Chhibber is an engineer of fighter aircraft since the past 16.5 years and
presently a serving Wing Commander in the Indian Air Force and has a rich
experience of military service. He is an avid sportsman and has represented
air force in various events like swimming, squash, golf, tennis to name a
few. He has also contributed towards philanthropy during the last edition of
ADHM 2018. He believes in the following motto:-
“NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE IN THIS WORLD, THE WORD IMPOSSIBLE ITSELF SAYS I AM POSSIBLE”
- Name: Devander Bhatia
- Devander Bhatia is an Engineer by profession and a Government Official. He loves running, cycling, trekking, travelling and other adventure activities besides reading. He is currently training to be a Yoga instructor. He has several half marathons and full marathons to his credit and has recently joined the triathlete bandwagon. He ran his first 50K run at the Malnad Ultra. Running for him is Zen and the deepest form of meditation where he feels he is one with nature and himself.
- Besides health and fitness reasons, he feels running provides him with a platform to be able to meet people from different walks of life. Devander strongly believes that he will be able to transform lives by encouraging people in his immediate circle of influence to run. He runs to enjoy his slice of pizza after a long day at work! He believes in healthy living. Keeping himself abreast with the latest information on running and fitness related issues through blogs and social media is the latest hobby.
- He has been a part of the core group of Bangalore TomTom Running team for the year 2016. He also has the privilege of being a pacer at the Airtel Hyderabad Marathon 2016, the TCS 10K 2017 and the SBI Green Marathon 2018, Bengaluru.
- Devander welcomes all the runners to join his 03:00 min pacer bus for a fun-filled and successful Tata Steel Kolkata 25K.
- Name: Saikat Chaudhuri
- Saikat Chaudhuri started long-distance running five years back in 2014. Since then there has been no looking back and today it is his passion. He eagerly looks forward to his long-distance weekend runs. Even though his busy work schedule keeps him away from travelling frequently to participate in various running events. He satisfies himself by running the distance locally on his own. He has participated in 12 organised marathons/ half marathons with PB of 4:11 and 1:42 respectively. He also does long-distance cycling.
- He was motivated by a friend in the initial days of running. Subsequently, he motivated many others and formed a group ‘Run n Pedal’ at Ranchi. Saikat is very happy to get the opportunity to become a pacer so that he can pull along and motivate many runners to the finish line and be a part of their success story. He also considers it a step forward in the field of running.
- Saikat Chaudhuri is 49 years old and was commissioned in the Indian Air Force as a pilot in the year 1993. He is presently serving as a Group Captain in the Northeast.
- Name: Murli Manohar Mayank
- Murli Manohar Mayank, an outdoor enthusiast and adventure seeker. He is passionately in love with fitness and gym. He has been running on & off whole life but racing for a few years and enjoy all formats of long-distance runs. His passion took real shape during his association with folks of ‘Kolkata Runners’
- He loves the sense of freedom, happiness and accomplishment that comes with running. Nothing beats that muscle burn rushing through his legs when he crosses the finish line or the positivity he feels when he finishes a new distance or earns a new personal best.
- In the past year, he has run eight timed half marathons to include Airtel RFE Kolkata 2017, BSF half marathon 2017, Kolkata Police SDSL Half marathon 2018, IDBI Kolkata Marathon 2018, Airtel Hyderabad Marathon 2018, and recently ADHM 2018 and dozens of 10k. His half marathon PB is 1:55 and 10K PB is 0:53.
- His running philosophy is to enjoy injury-free running and personally challenge oneself to achieve new goals.
- He is glad and honoured to be a part of the pacing team. Being a pacer is extremely rewarding and what an awesome experience to encourage, support, and motivate others in their running journeys. His Strategy will be very simple and would ensure all the passengers of his bus reach their destination on/before time. His plan is on having a fun race and party at the finish line after you crush your goal time! Dream Big!
- Name: Partha Barik
- Partha Barik is a 50 years old runner from Kolkata. He started running in the ’80s and his 1st marathon was at Pune in 1989. He ran countless miles in the plains of Punjab, mountains of J&K, Andaman Islands and Manipur foothills during his military career. He enjoys trail and cross country runs.
- Partha took a few long gaps in running due to various military operational commitments and injuries between 2013 to 2017. After a gap of five years, he again started running in 2018 with New Town Runners Kolkata and completed numerous 5K and 10K. Recently he ran his half marathon in 2019 at Hyderabad and finished in 02:26:39 min.
- Partha undertakes three to four social runs and plogging in a fortnight to stay on fit and cherishes all the friendships made through running. He also loves running with NCC cadets from rural Bengal and trains them for various timed runs in the City of Joy.
- This is his first race as a pacer, and he is confident to help the runners to attain their goals whether they are a beginning runner or a runner looking to set a PR. He named this bus as ‘Enjoy Kolkata’ wherein the runners can take pleasure of touring the city by foot and feel the beauty of Kolkata.
- Partha is an Army Colonel and working as the Chief Administrative Officer of NCC Headquarters in Kalyani. Interestingly he also completes his 30 years of military service on 15 Dec 19.