Timing certificate is not mandatory to apply in 25K Run race categories. Those confirmed applicants of 25K Run race categories who provide timing certificates along with their application forms, will get priority in line-up on race day, i.e. on Sunday, 15th
Timing certificate of Marathon (42.195 km), 25K Run, Half Marathon (21.097 km) and 10 km distances will be considered for priority line up under 25K Run. Timing certificate of a recognized timed relay race, where an individual covers minimum 10 km distance, will also be considered for priority line-up on race day.
Timing certificate is not mandatory to apply in 25K Run/Open 10K race categories.
Those confirmed applicants of 25K Run/Open 10K race categories who provide timing certificates along with their application forms, will get priority in line-up on race day, i.e. on Sunday, 15th December 2019. Line-up sections will be allocated basis the finish time mentioned on the timing certificates submitted at the time of application.
* Line-up sections on race day:
|Section||Section Start time||Section End time|
|A||-||Under 2 hrs.|
|B||2 hrs.||Under 2 hrs. 30 min|
|C||2 hrs. 30 min||Under 3 hrs.|
|D||3 hrs. onward + Participants registering under Women’s Criteria, General Criteria & Charity Running Places without timing certificate|
*The line-up sections given above are indicative and may undergo a change which will be communicated here post closure of all registrations.
Please note, on race day timing results and certificates will be generated only for runners who complete the race in 4 hours for 25K Run and in 2 hours for Open 10K
Note: Confirmed applicants improving their timing performance post submission of application can request for changing the Line Up Area section only till 1st December 2019, valid timing certificate needs to be provided for this on email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARE YOU FIT TO PARTICIPATE?
Please review the following questions before submitting your application form.
- Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
- Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
- In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical activity?
- Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs for your blood pressure or heart condition?
- Are you pregnant?
- Are you diabetic?
- Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?
If you have answered YES to any of the questions above, then please consult your physician before applying to participate in Tata Steel Kolkata 25K. Irrespective of whatever may be your age, we sincerely advise you to obtain a medical clearance from a registered medical practitioner/doctor before applying for the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K. It is unfair to you and your family to risk serious illness and become a medical emergency on race day.