With this year’s contribution, the total funds raised at TSK 25K since inception is Rs. 4.01 crore, making it the largest sporting fund-raising platform in the East.
India Cares Foundation, has worked with CSOs/ NGOs in building their capacity, communicating their work and supporting them through this platform. TSK 25K, is a cause agnostic platform, positively impacting lives for the better; in the areas of Education, Human Rights, Disability, Women Empowerment, Health & Environmental Conservation. 35.11 % funds were raised for Education, followed by Disability 19.28% and Community Development 11.09%.
17 companies contributed Rs 38 lakh and a total of 444 employees ran for integrated health, fitness, employee engagement and social responsibility. They have empowered their colleagues to be socially conscious and build awareness of the CSO/ NGO they supported.
“It is heartening to see the contribution being made by the running fraternity to various social causes. This adds a very noble element to the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K Run and makes a very emotional connect with the community. My sincere thanks to all the participating companies and runners for supporting this event and, as stated earlier, Tata Steel stays committed to make TSK25K an even bigger and engaging running event in the years to come,” said Chanakya Chaudhary, Vice President Corporate Services, Tata Steel.
“TSK 25K 2019 has begun to make a positive impact on the growth of Philanthropy as an important pillar of the Run. Participating CSOs raised the highest in the event’s history, almost Rs one crore. There was a 67% growth in donors; encouraging stories of funds being raised by CSOs who have never tried before to raise funds from individuals. The fundraising achievements have strengthened our faith in the future of philanthropy through the TSK 25K.
A big ‘Thank you’ to all sponsors, every donor, fundraiser, company who contributed and special thanks to the CSOs who followed our methods, got results and boosted our confidence in our work as a support organization!” – Murray Culshaw, Chairperson, India Cares.
Concluding the sixth edition of the event, Vivek Singh, Jt. MD., Procam International, said, “Someone had said if you are a mere pebble, be the one that brings home ripples of smiles in the sea of life. And when many such pebbles join, we can bring a sea change to the lives of those less fortunate. TSK 25K is not only a distance running event par excellence; it’s a sporting platform, that inspires individuals, to spread joy with their benevolence.
Our gratitude to India Cares Foundation and all our fundraisers who have run to make a difference. Thank You all.”
2019 WINNERS ACROSS DIFFERENT CATEGORIES
TOP 3 FUND-RAISING CSOS
- Bal Utsav – Rs 19,82,224/-
- Tata Medical Centre – Rs 14,41,000/-
- Motivation India – Rs 1,200,000
- Highest fund-raising Care Champion Diamond (an individual who undertakes to raise a minimum of â‚¹ 5 lakh in donations for a chosen CSO)
- Binu Verma – Bal Utsav – Rs 19,89,224/-
- Highest fund-raising Care Champion Gold (an individual who undertakes to raise a minimum of â‚¹ 2.50 lakh in donations for a chosen CSO)
- Nikhilesh MM – Kalisu Foundation – Rs 5,07,500/-
- Highest fund-raising Care Champion Silver (an individual who undertakes to raise a minimum of â‚¹ 1 lakh in donations for a chosen CSO)
- Bidhan Chandra Chakrabarti – Rs 1,06,102/-
- Highest iCare Fundraiser – Neha Singhal – Bhumi – Rs 4,24,614/-
- 2nd Highest iCare Fundraiser – Shruti Chamaria– Voice of World – Rs 1,04,825/-